About the 12 weekS
In this 12 week program, I will set the 2 main sessions for the Week. These sessions will compliment each other and build you up to your event in 12 weeks. This will be a general program that covers events for Road and Mountain Biking up to 5 hour in duration. I will set your two main sessions and you cover your recovery and Aerobic rides. 1 session will be a specific indoor session and the other performed outdoors or indoors. Remember recover from these session is important. I will let you know each week the gap between each of these JetBlack sessions. Also, these sessions start at a point you should have good bike fitness or a strong base behind you. I suggest you perform a ZONE TEST before you start this program. This way you will get the best results. We will test half way through the program and near the end. Any questions just email me.
Tuesday or Wednesday
This session is all about leg speed and not hurting the legs too much. We still work hard but not long enough to do any damage.
- Warm up 10 mins into
- 30 sec at 85% into 30 sec rest
- 1 min at 80 % into 30 sec rest
- 1:30 at 75% into 30 sec rest
- 2 mins at 75% into 30 secs rest
- 2 mins at above into 30 sec rest
- 1:30 at 75% into 30 secs rest
- 1 min at 80% into 30 sec rest
- 30 secs at 85% into 30 secs rest
- 2 mins easy ride then Repeat if you feel up to it. Ifr struggling then call it a day.
- Warm down
Pre race day
Ride for 60 mins, include 2 to 4 x 2 mins at just below Threshold (70 to 75%) Keep cadence above 90 rpm. Take 4 mins between each interval. then ride easy home.
Good luck and have confidence you have done the work.